Wednesday 13 April 2011

Moving (on)

Last week I got the message that I need to vacate my room August 1st. Moving. Again. I guess in a way it made me think about the (near) future. Again.

I have been making changes and I have changed in these last few months. Some quite obvious changes, some a lot less obvious. But changes anyway. And they have made me like myself better than I did in the past. Like better. Not like. Not yet. But I am definitely getting closer to that moment where you look in the mirror and think: Yeah, I like you!

The hardest things?
Separating who I am and what I do. Realising that when I do something wrong, it does not make me a bad person. Or less likable. Which rationally is completely logical, but emotionally not so much...
Recognizing my limits. Not in what I can or cannot do, but in what I do or do not want. Learning to say no, and know that it does not make me a lesser person or less likable...
Being okay with yesterday, with last week, with last month, with last year. I cannot change what happened. I cannot undo the past. It's not in my job description. Accept. Do not regret. Learn, and live for today and tomorrow.
And let go. Forgive others, but more important, forgive myself. Move on.

So yeah, I am going through my boxes. Boxes of things and boxes of past. Emptying out. Keeping the good stuff. Remembering the good memories. Giving away what I do not need anymore. Letting go of what was.

Moving. On.


No comments:

Post a Comment