Thursday 5 May 2011

Thank you, Else

I found a little bURSday booklet today that my friend Else from Norway sent me for my birthday.

After having had a tough chat with the shrink this morning, reading through what she wrote gave me another good cry. Some things touched me so deep, that I want to share them here :-)

"If I could give you one thing, I would give you the ability to see yourself as others see you. 
Then you could realise what a truly special person you are."

Same goes for you Else - miss you, love you xx




"Friendship is a language which the deaf can hear and the blind can see."


"Yesterday is a memory
Tomorrow is a mystery
Today is a gift
That's why it's called the present."


"Don't walk in front of me
I may not follow
Don't walk behind me
I may not lead
Just walk beside me
And be my friend"





"If I could catch a rainbow, 
I would do it, just for you,
And, share with you, its beauty, 
on the days you're feeling blue.

If I could build a mountain, 
you could call your very own.
A place to find serenity, 
a place to be alone.

If I could take your troubles, 
and toss them in the sea.
But, all these things, I'm finding, 
are impossible for me.

I cannot build a mountain, 
or catch a rainbow fair;
but, let me be, what I know best,
A Friend, who's always there."





"In order to get where you want to go,
You first have to leave where you are."



2 comments:

  1. :) I am honoured to be your friend and you're such a special person :) I am glad that the poems were something you truly treasured.

    I miss you too and love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful words. If only we could all realise how special we actually are, our worlds would be much sweeter. Big hugs xx

    ReplyDelete