Saturday 26 February 2011

Me blogging?

Well, it certainly looks that way... Let's see how long I can keep it up :-)

I decided to start this for myself, to try and figure myself out...but also for random thoughts, trivia, quotes, things I like to know and remember - honesty and curiosity, should make for an interesting journey :-)


I actually had a good day today - admitting some weaknesses to myself and my boss, in stead of shying away from them - yay me! Though stuff though :-)

I tend to avoid work I don't like, let it build up and then try to avoid it some more. I know I have to sit down and get things done, but I realized today that I need a structured work space for that and that was certainly missing at the moment: my desk has been filled with printers, other people's paper work and other stuff that diminished my working space to about a third of its normal size.

This morning I first got a text from a boss saying he was worried because there was mail form last week still laying around. Then my controller called to express his concerns. My first reaction was anger: why are they pushing me, and why are they putting their noses in my affairs? Then I realized I got mad because they were right and I knew they were right! Sigh!

So the first thing I did at work today was clear away all that was not mine, leaving me my own roomy desk. Next thing I did was ask my new boss if he had time to sit down with me - which he did.
I apologized (a hard thing for me) for being so sloppy, and then explained what I thought was part of the problem. He stepped up to solve some of the problems and all in all was very understanding... Why do I scare away from stuff like this - it never is as hard as I think it will be!?!

Anyway, I have started working on the pile that was waiting for me and I went home feeling pretty good about myself :-)

Now as for something else: Wednesday at practice I was quoting my version of A horse, a horse, my kingdom for a horse (mijn jas, mijn jas, een koninkrijk voor mijn jas) and was wondering which play from Shakespeare this came from.... I guessed Richard II, but actually it's Richard III (yes he did write Richard II !)

Good to know ;-)

1 comment:

  1. Richard III is a hero of mine. Vastly misunderstood and villified because of Shakespeare who after all was writing for the Tudors who usurped him!

    With you on the boss stuff - have my apprasail next week when i will be brave enough to tell some home truths about the firm and its attitude/discrimination/bullying culture etc - wonder if I will still have a job afterwards?

    ReplyDelete